Monday, August 15, 2011

Bible Challenge Results; And What I've Been Up To This Week

So, if you read my last post, you know my reason for not posting this past week, was I was participating in Abby's Bible Challenge. So, now for the results...


I did not do well. This challenge has shown me that I may depend on media a little too much in my life. I picked up my phone to check my email, ect. more than a few times. I did cut off a few things, like blogging, and I cut off texting almost completely as well too. But I definitely learned something from this. Media is not everything. These days that this challenge had been going on, my grandparents were up here visiting us, and we had so much fun. I had a great time with family, and without so much media. We also went camping, so I said good-bye to almost all media then, with the exception of my phone:) But, by and by, my favorite verse of all time is


I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
-Phillipians 4:13


This verse tells me that I do not need to focus so much on media. I can do all things through Christ. And I am going to try to always focus on that. To focus on the big picture in life. Texting, blogging, emailing, none of these things compare to just being with the people you love.


So I have learned something from this, even if I didn't quite "succeed".And, this week has been a great one spent with my family, and I'm sad to see them go. But, on the bright side, I only have a month and a half til I go home to Florida:D


Well, see you next post!



-Marelle


















1 comment:

Abby said...

I didn't do too well, either. :P I'm glad you did it too! It was fun having someone else do it with me. :) I am VERY dependent on media too. :P