Monday, June 13, 2011

Makeup Tips

Hey guys! I thought I would share some of my favorite makeup tips for you in case you care:) I am not a proffesional, and different people like doing different things with their makeup, but I thought I would just let you hear some of my own ways of doing things, I have been doing it since I was really young, and I love experimenting on myself everyday, and on others as well. Hope you enjoy!


STARTING OUT:

If you've never done makeup before,or you are under age and want to know the basics for when the time comes, here are my tips for you.


1. LESS IS MORE
When I first started doing makeup as an everyday thing, I made the big mistake of piling way too much on, and I ended up getting a lot of weird looks from people all the time, so don't make my mistake, always remember the Less is More rule, especially if your using makeup as an everyday thing, you are not going to need three different shades of eyeshadow on each eye, super pink blush, and so much eyeliner that you look like you have a black eye. BE SUBTLE!


2.LEARNING TO APPLY MAKEUP
This can be a very, very difficult thing to learn, especially if you've never used makeup. Even if you have used it as a once-in-a-while type thing, it's a whole different story to learn to apply it the right way everyday. Be patient and practice frequently before you wear it out in public. Just keep practicing, and you could also ask your mother, an older sibling or friend to help you learn, and that makes it a lot easier, my mother taught me, and it saved me a lot of embarassment. Also, remember when doing eye makeup, to apply the eyeliner first, eyeshadow second, and always apply the mascara last.



3.MAKEUP COORDINATION
So, one importaunt tip for make-up beginners is to make your makeup coordinate with you outfit. It probably wouldn't be the best idea to wear bright pink eyeshadow with an all-black outfit, or bright red lipstick with a pink and yellow one. Also, remember the Less is More rule for everyday makeup, if your wearing a T-shirt and jeans, it's not gonna look very good if you have a ton of fancy makeup on. Your makeup should complete your outfit, not clash with it.



4. BUYING THE RIGHT MAKEUP
If you are new to the whole makeup thing, and want to get some of your own, it's good to know what you're looking for. When you go out to buy makeup, first think about your style, and what kind of makeup would coordinate with your clothes. Your makeup must also express your personality, so if you're a bright, sunny type person and you like fun colors and such, I wouldn't suggest the smoky eye colors, or three black eyeliner pencils. It's always a good idea to ask other people what kind of makeup they wear too, and find out which brands work the best and things like that, because you would hate to buy something without experience and find out it's junk. Also, remember when you are buying makeup that most eyeshadow and lipgloss will last you quite awhile, so feel free to splurge on that, but eyeliner and mascara don't tend to last as long, so try to find cheaper brands of those if you can.


5. SHARING IS CARING
Since makeup can be pretty pricey, it's always a good idea if you have an older sister, or mother who wears makeup, to go halfsies with them on must haves like mascara, eyeliner, and lipgloss. You should definitely consider this if you don't feel like spending all you allowance on a few makeup products. But keep in mind that you will probably have to buy a few things for yourself such as your personal favorite of eyeshadow, and things like that, because the person you are sharing with may not want all the same products as you.



THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE PRODUCTS

If you are looking for some new everyday products to use, here is a list of what I wear just about everyday. Most of it is very cheap and do-able, which is a big plus. Remember, I am only sharing my opinions, and everyone has their own.


1. L.A. COLORS BLACK EYELINER, OR NYC BLACK EYELINER
These are my two favorite eyeliners, because black eyeliner is an absolute must for me, I hate how I look without it. Now, NYC products can be a little pricey at times, and I'm not sure what the price is on that eyeliner, but you can check that(it is a pencil style BTW). What I love about L.A. Colors is the fact that they have them at the Dollar Tree, and they work magnificently! So you can't really go wrong with that(and these are crayon style). They may not have them at your Dollar Tree, but it's definitely worth looking!


2. NYC or L.A. COLORS SPARKLE BRUSH EYESHADOW
Okay, here's another NYC, L.A. Color face-off. They are both great products, and I wear this sparkle shadow everyday, because I'm a big eye person, and these products demand attention for your eyes. Once again, the NYC products are pretty pricey, but the L.A. Colors line can be found at most Dollar Trees, so I would start with the L.A. Colors line,because they work great and you can see if you like it, and then maybe you could give the NYC line a try.



3. FALSIES MASCARA
I got started on this because my mom uses it all the time, and she lets me borrow her makeup all the time, and it works great! It really gives your lashes great volume, and the black color is magnificent. I'm not sure of the exact price, but most mascara range from $7-$12 dollars, if that is any help:)



4. BURTS BEE'S LIP BALM
I also got started on this because of my mother, this stuff is just so great, it gives your lips a tingly feeling(hee hee!) and the color is just really brilliant. It comes in tons of cool shades and looks more like lipstick than lip balm so you can't really go wrong. The price varies so just go to your local store and check it out



5. MARY KAY YOU'RE A STAR! SPARKLE POWDER
These super cool sparkles come in a really cool powder puff and last forever (practically!). My friend Sonya is completely obsessed with sparkles, and loves covering me in this:) If you like sparkles, this is a must have. I've never actually seen these in the store, but you can order them online, once again I'm not sure of the pirce, but it's sure to be pretty expensive, Mary Kay products don't come easily, unfortunately.




I hope these tips helped you, comment below on what you think, what are your makeup tips?


-Marelle<3

3 comments:

Abby said...

Neat! Thanks for the tips. :) I have yet to use makeup, but I will definitely use these tips if I do. :)

Abby

Joyful said...

Good tips Rell!
I don't wear a lot of makeup, partly because I prefer the natural look & also because I'm just lazy ;)
But for when I do, these are some of the things I love:

Stuff I love
Soft Lips Lip Balm
It also gives that tingly feeling and it smells like vanilla! [so of course I love it :)] They have other scents too but that's my favorite.

Physician's Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara.
It sounds frou-frou (what kind of a name is Physician's Formula anyway?!), but I love it! I actually only tried it because I was able to get it free with my coupons :) But I'm so glad I did because it's great! The brush is real soft, it doesn't clump, and it does a great job at separating lashes.

CoverGirl NatureLuxe Gloss Balm
It smells great (which is odd for lipstick) feels great, and has just a slight bit of color.
Their NatureLuxe foundation is awesome too, it feels like you're not wearing anyway which I love!

Nicki said...

great tips!! and i love the falsies! thats what i use too haha