Thursday, June 16, 2011

Entry For Abby's Poetry Contest

Well, Abby @ His Sparrow is having an amazing poetry contest at jesusrules13.blogspot.com, and I was already planning on writing this poem to get some hard things off my chest, so I was especially glad to hear she is having a contest!


This poem is about some personal experiences with different people that I thought were my friends, but just ended up being jerks and taking advantage of me. It's about having so many things I want to say, but not being able to send them the message. It's not great as a poem, but I had originally planned it as a song with a tune, so bear with me here;)


"Press Send"

by Marelle Cole


I tried to be nice, but I guess it's true,
that good guys finish last.
I tried to take everything you do,
and mark it as the past.
But you don't seem to care,
how many people you hurt,
and I wish I could show you,
what I'm really worth


There was so many things that I wanted to say,
but I watched my chances slip away,
and now my heart cries every night and day.
So I guess you got your way.
There are so many things that I wanna do,
so many ways to get back at you.
I would spill my heart to you,
and tell you what I've been wanting to.
I would get my sweet revenge,
if I could only press send.



It makes me feel worse to see you hang out with all your friends.
Why do you make me feel I should be guilty,
like I'm the one who should make ammends?
I really wanna get revenge,
but I just can't seem to press send.


Did I tell you you're a jerk?
Because you are.
Are you happy now that you left your scar?
There's so much left for me to say now,
but I just don't know how,
because I wanna get my sweet revenge,
but it's a whole different story to press send.




-Marelle<3

1 comment:

Joyful said...

This is SO good!

But I want to know who it was, so I can punch them for you...lol!