Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Day I Had Been Waiting For, For Like, Months...

Was yesterday! Yes, meeting, interviewing, and watching Kicking Daisies:D Let me tell you all about it( don't have the pictures loaded yet, but I will put them up ASAP. And also, the interview video link is at the bottom of this page.)


We went, of course, with my friend Sonya, who is a huge fan, as I am:) We first went to Taco Bell and Downtown Disney, then went over to Celebration, where the concert and interview would take place.

As we were walking on Market Street, we saw Ben, the super nice, super talented lead guitarist of the band, at the merch table, so we went up and said hello, and gave him the cookies we had made them. He recognized us right away, and commented on our KD shirts, and how much he loves our KD Fan Blog. We talked with him, until he had to go tune up. At the merch table, I got a KD glow in the dark bracelet, and a Duran pin:)

We walked around for awhile, until Carly, Duran, and Caitlin were ready for the interview. CLICK HERE TO VIEW PLEASE:D We had so much fun interviewing them, they were all so nice, funny, and down-to-earth. <3 We got some pictures, then they had to go do a soundcheck.


We watched their soundcheck, and it was almost like a private concert, with 2 songs;) It was awesome:)

We waited around for about 5 hours, 'til the concert started. Shealeigh and CoCo Jones opened for them. Shealeigh was good, but I can't say I liked Coco:p We got to be in the VIP section so we were super close to the stage, and super pumped. Me, Mina, Sonya, and our 2 new friends we met at the concert, got the whole crowd cheering "KD! KD! KD!". It was an awesome, exhilerating few minutes leading up to their performance. From behind the stage, Ben, smiled and waved to me, and he looked super pumped, excited, and ready to perform.:)


Despite a few minor sound issues(which was not KD's fault), the concert was amazing as ever. I expect nothing less of KD though:) I got the whole thing on video, and since I was in the front row, it came out really good. Being that close was really cool, and the concert was just awesome. We had so much fun singing, dancing, and screaming as we watched our fav band perform.Carly even threw us a KD T-shirt, which Mina caught and is wearing right now:)


All in all, it was an amazing day, and most certainly the best day of my life. Please, please, check out our interview here, and tell me what you think!!!:D

Much Love,
Marelle<3

2 comments:

Abby said...

Wow! How exciting! That sounds SO neat! Congrats.:)

Nicki said...

ahhh so cool!!!