Sunday, June 24, 2012

So Yeah...

There's so many things I could be writing about right now, so many things have been happening in my life right now(like my new house is finally here!), but I want to write something about one of the number one things that matters to me in life; music.

You guys probably know if you've read one or two of my posts that I'm one of the biggest music geeks you'll ever meet. It is one of the most importaunt things in my life, and I thought I would make a post trying to explain my love for it...let's see now...

Music helps me because there's songs for every mood I'm in, or every mood I wanna be in. Sometimes hearing one song can make my whole day brighter, or maybe a song could bring back a memory, good or bad, and get me thinking about things I haven't thought about in a long time. Music really is my therapy. Writing music is also my therapy, writing a song about something I'm feeling can make me feel so much better about a situation. I've never been the type to talk about my feelings, I write songs about them instead. I rarely share them with anyone, but it makes me feel so much better just penning them.

A lot of people probably consider me a dork for the way I am about music. I could listen to music all day. I tend to get lost in music for hours, I love to listen to a song and tune in just to one instrument or synth and I could occupy myself doing that for who knows how long. I guess I'm not exactly normal; rather than going to a party, I would choose staying home and listening to music, talking about music, or making music. I'm the type of girl that decided from an early age that music just had to be my career one day. When I was little I dreamt of being a rockstar, being only 10 I honestly believed I would be one someday. Now, I would still give anything to have a career in music, but I now know the very little chances of that happening. I still dream of being a professional musician, especially when I'm at a concert. Being at a concert is just such an incredible rush that I couldn't imagine being able to do it every night, bringing joy and precious memories to fans every night. I would give anything to be able to do that. I know that I will most likely never be a famous singer, but I can only hope that at some point I will have some kind of career in music, no matter if it's being a writer, producer, manager, interviewer, even a janitor at a venue! I just want to, and have always wanted to, be around music.

A lot of people don't understand why I'm so excited when I meet some of my favorite bands, some that aren't even huge yet. To me, I don't enjoy meeting them and getting the chance to talk with them because of how famous they are, I love meeting them because of how much their music has done for me. I don't think some of the bands I've met could ever understand how much of an inspiration their music is to me, but it is an honour to be able to have met some of my musical influences, and I will do anything I can to meet as many of them as I can. If I can't have a career in music, I wanna be around the people that are as much as possible. Most people don't understand my passion for music, so it is really great to be around people that do understand me and don't think I'm crazy for it.

Even if I'm never famous for singing, I'm never gonna stop singing and writing songs.

-Marelle<3

2 comments:

Abby said...

Great post! It makes me understand why you love music. :)

And I think you'll be famous one day. :)

Anonymous said...

You can bet one day I'll be there in your screaming crowd of fans. :) Great post, thanks for spilling your heart to us in this way!